Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mandatory fun and why my life is more fun than Kristy's

I have to admit it.....sometimes when we go to the beach we don't always have a raving time. This however is my logic: if we are going to pay this much to live in San Diego we HAVE to enjoy it. This means going to the beach at least once a week whether we like it or not. After all, everyone in my family knows I hate to miss out on a good time. Last year at the end of the summer I was disappointed in the fact that we probably only went to the beach 3 times. Three times people! The amount of energy I had to expend to make sure we had "everything we needed" just was a daunting proposition. So this year, I have resolved to have a mandatory beach day once a week. Today we had a breakthrough. Amy has mostly just humored me on these excursions but today she finally broke down and had fun. Call it peer pressure or whatever but the girl was running in circles giggling the whole time. Jamison too improved upon his ability to have fun. He is our little body surfer. It has caused my level of anxiety to rise as he tumbles in the waves....me wondering if I have to dive in after him only to have him say, "Moooom....I'm fiiiiine.....cough snort cough." And so it is, fun times or not, we keep on goin. After all, we're paying for it.

Who is Kristy?


Posted by Picasa

No comments: