Growing up, we always chose our tree barely a week before Christmas. It was the way it was. I never questioned why the heck we waited so long. The answer was always "fire hazard." This year I decided there was no sense in waiting so tonight we made record time as we drove to and from Home Depot and came home with a fantastic tree. I think we were back home within 35 minutes. Part of me thinks that maybe we didn't "savor" the tree picking moment.....I don't know. We just walked up saw a nice tree...picked it out and drove home. What happened to the whole unraveling the twine of 20 trees to find the perfect one? Maybe it was just our night.....like hitting all the green lights on your way to your destination. Nevertheless, the kids were quite proud of themselves for picking the "perfect" tree.

1 comment:
Look at all these fun traditions. Your kids are so stinkin' lucky.
Post a Comment