Saturday, December 27, 2008

Freeze your Cheese Beach Day

Due to our unusual winter rainstorms to which we are unaccustomed we had to take advantage of the spectacularly beautiful day and headed to Torrey Pines Beach.....and it was COLD. Ok so our version of cold is relative but still, it was about 53 degrees. The kiddos had a blast. I am always amused at how you are able to clearly identify the "out of towners" because they are the only ones wearing shorts in this weather. I think they consider the locals "pansies" all dressed in our coats and hoods.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

KC Witkamp said...

That is so true, We moved to SD on January a few years back and I still remember Matt and I laughing at everyone for wearing a winter coats and swored to never do that... of course he is still keeping his promise but I broke it a long time ago...the weather here is 73

Rachel said...

I still remember coming to San Diego in February and the kids ran into the water, naked and shivering, but thrilled to shed the layers from wintry Utah. Where do YOU go to get away from winter?

The Watkins said...

So fun, wish we could have come...our family is now gone, so we are ready to party.

Rachey said...

We were actually having 70 degree weather out here for all of our Christmas break. It was crazy! We could have been in shorts.