Friday, April 30, 2010

FYI

I am home today.  I just completed a short internship at Pomerado Hospital this week.  It was unexpected and no application was necessary....just insurance and a lot of money.  Most of my nurses names were foreign sounding but my Dr's name was John Martin which made up for not being able to pronounce any others.

I had a blockage in the plumbing of my kidney which resulted in the growth of zillions of bacteria.....for some reason I picture them as relatives as those green guys they use in the mucinex commercial.  Makes me hate them more.  Anyway, this led to a rather major infection which can only be taken care of by probably the most expensive antibiotics on the market.

I had stent put in on Wednesday in surgery.  In two weeks I'll have to have my plumbing repaired.

I'm tired but grateful to be feeling better and even more so for the fantastic pain killers that are available today.

My kids have considered this one big play date and I have discovered that my family eats better while I am gone than when I am home.

Thank you for your prayers,calls and for everyone who has helped out with my children and for the amazing meals brought in. It has meant the world to me.

-Vanessa
***Lo, Kris and Sooz-I LOVE my hydrangea....it came on a rather painful and dreary day.  What a day brightener

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a whirlwind! I hope you're feeling back to 100% soon. We're keeping you in our prayers.

The Watkins said...

I didn't even know. I am so glad you are home. We will be praying for you and your poor body--haven't you been through enough already? Geez. Let me know if I can help with anything. Max's surgery isn't for another week...it got postponed because he had an ear infection.

Rachey said...

Hope you are feeling better!