Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hiking Black Mountain

Recently our ward (church group) hiked Black Mountain nearby.  Greg and I were unable to make it to the top due to our 3 small children in tow.  I decided that I needed to make it to the top some other time sans kids so I started a little hiking group....or basically begged people to come with me so I wouldn't get abducted or hauled off by mountain lions without witnesses.  This way if it does happen....at least there will be people to watch.  I digress.  This week we hiked Black Mountain for the second time and had a great group of ladies with us.  Becca is a trooper in that backpack.  I think the spring flowers are starting to fade as well so I captured a couple of pictures.  The first is Ceonothus or Wild Lilac and the second is Mimulus cardinalis also known as Monkey Flower.  I am always in a much better mood after I have been hiking outdoors and seeing the most spectacular views. 



No comments: