Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trick or Treating 2011

This Halloween was rather magical....if you can call it that. Jamison is moving onto the "get as much candy as humanly possible" phase. Amy finally got to join the school parade and was confident trick or treating. Becca thought she died and went to heaven. I forgot how cute those moments are when a child truly realizes and appreciates the reality of free candy when going to door to door. I wish we were more aware of how fleeting the moment was because we would have had all recording technology on deck. Instead they are memories but good ones at that. I loved her litte face as she would receive candy each time....the look of "they are giving me free candy because I said trick or treat??!!! Why haven't we done this every night?" Jamison was not so thrilled about the 2 year old pace of trick or treating....Amy hung with the flowing neighborhood crowd while Becca trailed behind as she took inventory of her loot after each house. There's nothing that melts your heart quite like your two year old saying "Happy Hawoween" at every doorstep. We typically go through the batch of candy to keep the "good stuff" and throw out the no name stuff but this year it was all good. This was difficult but after oh I don't know 25 meltdowns in two days it all went straight to the trash. If only candy was such a huge determinant of the mood in our house.....but gathering, counting and organizing it all is certainly fun.










Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

*katie said...

Oh the cuteness! Ashley was a ladybug this year and I believe she must be a bee next year!!

anitamombanita said...

They couldn't get much cuter (or scarier..LOL). Love the photos!