


Long story short:
Ryan is my cousin whom I've only met once. He came into our lives when he was only 2 and then disappeared a year later never to be heard from again. I've known about him and honestly six months before we received his call last year I had wondered if we'd ever be able to find him. His mother left without a trace and we didn't even know how we would go about searching. Fortunately for us, he married an amazing woman who decided to do a little investigating herself. Ryan's grandmother knew that his biological father's last name was Myron so she had that to work off of. She found a newspaper article about a lady named Irene Myron who won some bowling league in Tahoe (which is where we lived when we were young.) Ryan's wife Julie decided to drive up from Reno and knock on the door of my grandparents house which is also the house that my Dad built and we lived in until I was 5. The whole story was sorted out from there.
This past weekend Ryan and Julie came down to spend part of the week so we can catch up on a lifetime.
Julie and Ryan are amazing people and I am so grateful that they found us!
Above is a picture of my sister Heather, Ryan and me when my mom was babysitting him. Probably 1983 or so. At the bottom is my old house which my grandparents now live in.






3 comments:
Such a cool story. Also, after seeing a picture of you as a little girl, it's not surprising at all that you have such cute kids. You were so ridiculously cute!
Not that it was surprising before;)
Holy cow, what an amazing story! Welcome back Ryan!
Post a Comment