Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beach Day July 28, 2009

Today I was bold. I let Jamison and Amy each invite a friend to the beach. That is...because it's what you do when you own a minivan. I digress. Everyone did well until we had to leave, which is because I neglected one of my own rules no less. We left after meltdown stage....not before. So of course we had a major meltdown. It was mostly in the form of a sandy faced three year old girl who apparently had tired feet and could not walk. Now because I was hauling 2 umbrellas, the snack bag, 4 bottles of sunscreen, a bag of sand toys, 3 towels, 1 blanket and don't forget the baby, I was unable to add this particular three year old to the pile. So instead everyone at Del Mar Beach had the pleasure of watching me pretend I didn't know my own child while the three "older" children walked at a safe distance behind. This gave me a fantastic opportunity to practice some wonderful breathing exercises and reconsider why I put myself in these situations. We had a great time.

1 comment:

KinseyBug said...

Haha...you are a brave woman! I hate the meltdown stage, there is just nothing you can do except let it happen.