Rebecca's blessing day was so beautiful. We had several wonderful friends come and support us as well. Below is a transcript of Rebecca's blessing a dear friend surprised us with.
Rebecca Lynn Davis, by the authority of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood and in the name of Jesus Christ, we lay our hands upon your head and give you a name and a blessing. The name that you will be known by upon the records of the church is Rebecca Lynn Davis.
At this time, I bless you with a love for Heavenly Father. Your arrival is a reminder that all life is in His hands. I bless you with spiritual understanding. That your trust and love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will bring you a great joy in this life.
Rebecca, I bless you with a deep love for your mother who worked so hard to get you here.
I bless you with a love for the commandments. They are here to prevent pain and anguish.
I bless you with a happy spirit, with love for the simple pleasures in life.
Rebecca, I bless you to be a good example to those around you. That by knowing you and seeing the joy in your life, they will want to know the Savior.
I bless you that when the time comes, you will be filed with a love for the temple and for the peace therein.
I leave all of these blessings and any more that the Lord knows you stand in need of in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.










1 comment:
That's so cool to have that stuff written down. A friend of mine wrote down both of my kids' blessings, but I have never been able to find Samantha's. SUCH a bummer! I love reading back over Drew's. Anyway, looks like Greg did a great job - very beautiful.
Post a Comment