Tuesday, April 14, 2009
April 8th 2009
We anxiously went into the hospital the morning of the 8th to be induced and expected to have a quick and easy delivery. Boy did we have something else in store for us. After my contractions started really coming on my water broke at which point the nurse Diane (pictured below; she held the baby's head away from the cord as we were rushed to the OR,) discovered the umbilical cord was prolapsed. It seems as though everything that followed was textbook after reading about these certain situations. I thought I was imagining things as I replayed the whole scenario over and over in my head. I actually watched the doctor cut me open (kind of crazy) but then I thought....how would that be possible? Apparently they did have me tilted head down which gave me a perfect view of the action. I don't remember seeing them take the baby out but the whole cutting the stomach sure is ingrained. The whole thing happened so quickly and it is probably the most frightening experience I've ever had. On another note, we've witnessed a miracle. The neonatologists were stunned by Rebecca's recovery as her "tone" was the worst the doctor had ever seen. So we owe it all to those of you who faithfully offered continual prayers on our behalf. Rebecca spent 4 days in the NICU where she received wonderful care. The nurses were so compassionate and accommodating as they faithfully brought me my percucet every 6 hours. Who wouldn't love that? All in all we have been truly humbled by this experience and our hearts are filled with gratitude as the Lord allowed Rebecca to come home so soon. She's our little miracle baby.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment