Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dusting off the Nintendo

These past several weeks our family has been in survival mode for reasons at the very bottom of this page. Thus, we've gone against our agreement of no video games in the house. I don't know if kids today would classify old school Nintendo as equivalent to what's available today but Greg and I felt this was indeed a situation that required bending the rules a bit. We pulled out the box containing the original Nintendo box along with every game that was available. Yes....even duck hunt. So, Jamison has had a taste of what his Mom and Dad used to do late at night at their friends houses. That is of course, our parents never got us one. I am proud to admit we still have skills. Greg has already saved the princess on Super Mario brothers. Jamison has become a pro at Castlevania. Amy is just happy holding controller B and I....have an hour without having to play mediator.



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chris said...

I GUESS A CONGRATS ARE IN ORDER HERE --- GOOD CALL ON THE OLD SCHOOL GAME SYSTEM I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING!!!

Rachey said...

I'm jealous that you have an old school nintendo to play with.

Vern said...

Still saving the princess? Greg's up to his old tricks again.

Kadee said...

Congrats Vanessa! Please let me know if I can do anything for you :-)

Rachel said...

We just bought Dr. Mario (the best game EVER) for the Wii. So you can buy some of the classic games for the new system. I know it's just another way for the to make $, but I really love watching the boys figure out Super Mario Bros! It makes me nostalgic and happy.

Ondina said...

Hi Nessa,

Wow lady :-) Congratulations! I guess Gma Sylvia hasn't heard yet, since she hasn't sent me a mass email about this yet ;-) I hope you are feeling better than in your previous experience with this, darlin. You are all in my thoughts!
Love and Hugs to y'all.

The Watkins said...

11 weeks??? That is awesome. Hopefully this one will take it easy on your for the next 7 months. Congrats, so fun.