Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas morning 2011

The kids were up early Christmas morning because they just couldn't contain their excitement. I remember when I was little being up half the night waiting for the sun to come up so I was able to contain my frustration of not being able to sleep in despite my own late night of making everything just "perfect." The kids read their letter from Santa and the hit item of the year was Fruit Stripe gum!! Anybody remember it?? I found it at Cost Plus....the kids LOVED it. It tastes the same as I remember....quick burst of sugar and 5 seconds later flavorless. And it still has the stripes:) Becca was a late riser because she wasn't feeling so hot but she was able to get in on the action later on and she too loved the gum.....that and the fact that everyone had their own pack of gum.....we get excited about the little things in our family. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast with hot chocolate......

I get anxious in these moments because they are so fleeting. This may very well be Amy's last year of "believing." That makes me sad.....
















Posted by Picasa

No comments: