Monday, July 5, 2010

THE Camping Trip

Last week Greg wanted to get out of town and camp.  This came as a surprise because I'm always the one saying we should go camping.  Off we went to Green Valley Campground in Cuyamaca.  There were waterfalls for the kids to play in and chipmunks to name.  Every other one was either Alvin, Simon or Theodore.  As we set up camp we discovered our car would not provide the energy necessary to blow up our aerobed so we visited our friendly camp hosts who were willing to help us out.  This is the one time where driving with a mattress on top of your car is indeed appropriate.  Greg thought I was crazy but it worked out.  Becca did a face plant into the dirt within the first 10 minutes and once we got her calmed down we started on dinner.  We had pizza pies cooked over the fire.  Delicious!  Bedtime was the kicker.  By 5 am Greg and I concurred that it would be best to cancel our reservations in Sequoia for the end of August.  I think I got an hour of sleep the whole night.  Greg however took a nice 2 hour drive at 5 am to watch the sunrise as Becca refused to sleep a wink unless she was driven around.  The kids woke up ready for their hot chocolate and cereal.  By 8:30 am we were packed up and headed home to get some real sleep.  We'll have to give it another year or two before we try it again.



1 comment:

The Watkins said...

I don't blame you, but I will say that the second night everyone seems to sleep better...mostly because no one slept the first.